Semitrucks serve an important purpose for this country. They move goods around in an efficient manner, but there are risks to having them on the roads. They are large and heavy, which poses a safety hazard to the drivers around them.
It’s imperative that all drivers do their part to remain as safe as possible when they’re around semitrucks. Remember these tips when you’re out on the road around these large rigs.
- Give the semitruck space. These rigs have large blind spots all around them. Driving in those is dangerous so you should avoid doing so.
- Truckers can’t stop on a dime. You must not cut them off or you’ll risk being slammed into by the semitruck.
- Tanker trucks and other semitrucks have a risk of rolling over. Be especially careful if the weather is inclement.
- Load securement is an important part of preparing the truck. Try to avoid driving near a semitruck if you notice that the load is shifting. There’s a chance that the load could come off the truck and pose a hazard to the drivers around it.
- Truckers who are distracted, fatigued or impaired may not be able to make
What happens if you’re struck by a semitruck?
Even if you follow all the proper safety practices, there’s a chance that something else will happen and you’ll be struck by a semitruck. When this happens, you’re at risk of suffering from a serious injury. You should seek medical care and determine your next steps. Seeking compensation from the liable parties might be beneficial since it can help you cover the damages you’ve had to deal with due to the injuries you suffered.