Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we are open for business and accepting new cases. If you have been injured in an accident or have any estate or immigration questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 215-809-3882 or reach us by email.

Our thoughts are with all of those presently impacted by the Coronavirus. The health and safety of our employees, clients, and contacts continue to be our primary concern. Working remotely, we remain available and responsive to your legal needs. Updates will be posted on our website. We wish you continued good health.

How to deal with insurance companies after a car accident

On Behalf of | Oct 14, 2020 | Blog, Car Accidents

After surviving a car accident in Pennsylvania, a person might find themselves dealing with a stack of medical bills as well as loss of income from the weeks or months following the accident. For many people, seeking compensation from the insurance company is the next step. However, insurance companies can’t always be trusted to offer a fair amount. Here’s what people should know before they start seeking compensation from the other party’s insurance company.

How can people seek maximum compensation after a car accident?

When people think of seeking compensation, they might think of filing a lawsuit against the person who was responsible for the crash. However, in the case of motor vehicle accidents, the driver’s insurance company is usually the one compensating the victims.

In some cases, the insurance company might reach out to the injured person before they’ve even thought about seeking compensation. This might seem like a courtesy, but people should be extremely wary of any offer made by the insurance company. To save as much money as possible, insurers typically offer only a fraction of the compensation that the person is eligible to receive.

To receive maximum compensation, an individual may want to file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company. The insurance company might accept their claim or return with a counteroffer. If the insurer denies the claim, the person might want to hire an attorney so that they can file a lawsuit to receive the compensation they deserve.

How can car accident victims get assistance when dealing with insurance companies?

If an insurance company denies a person’s claim after their motor vehicle accident, the injured person might wish to hire an attorney. An attorney might be able to negotiate with the insurance company for fair compensation. If negotiations fail, they may also be able to help their client launch a lawsuit.