Harry A. Dorian Jr.
Harry A. Dorian, Jr. has been practicing law since 1978. He is a graduate of Ohio Northern University School of Law, where he was co-editor of the Ohio Northern University Law Review. In 1975, he graduated with honors from Penn State University with a BA degree in English. He grew up in Montgomery County, graduating from Lower Merion High School in 1971. He was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout in 1970.
Mr. Dorian is a senior managing partner of the firm of Dorian, Goldstein, Wisniewski & Orchinik, P.C. where, for the past 35 years, he has concentrated his practice in the areas of medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, motor vehicle accidents, product liability and other cases involving serious injury or death.
For more than twenty years, he has consistently received the highest possible peer-review rating available ("AV Preeminent") from Martindale-Hubbell for maintaining the highest standards of professional ethics and legal ability. This rating is based upon an extensive peer-review survey of practicing attorneys and judges. www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hu7UMH4RkU
Also, he was recently again named "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law and Politics, based upon a confidential survey of over 39,000 attorneys in Pennsylvania. Only 4% of attorneys in Pennsylvania are awarded the status of a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer". He has also consistently obtained a rating of "Superb" by Avvo (receiving a perfect 10.0 score), and The National Association of Trial Lawyers has named him one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania".
He has obtained numerous multi-million dollar recoveries in various types of negligence cases, as well as a wide variety of medical malpractice cases, including cases involving failure to diagnose and treat cancer, surgical malpractice, hospital malpractice, birth injuries caused by obstetrical negligence, laboratory errors, and improper treatment of serious infections.
Mr. Dorian has also been appointed a Special Judge Pro Tempore and Settlement Master by the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in its Civil Case Management Program. He is a frequent Arbitration Chairman for the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas.
Mr. Dorian has lectured physicians and surgeons on issues related to patient safety and medical malpractice, and has taught other attorneys at legal seminars involving various areas of the law. Recently, he spoke to hundreds of dentists and dental professionals about oral cancer and dental malpractice at Continuing Dental Education seminars at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and the Temple University School of Dentistry in Philadelphia.
Mr. Dorian has tried numerous cases in both state and federal court in Pennsylvania. He has argued appeals before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. He is a sustaining member of the American Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Bucks County Bar Association, Philadelphia Bar Association and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, as well as a certified member of the "Million Dollar Advocates Forum". He is an AARP-approved attorney with the AARP Legal Services Network.
Harry and the law firm also donate a significant amount of time and funds providing legal services to disadvantaged clients who cannot afford an attorney.
Harry's hobbies include fishing, tennis and hoping that the Phillies win the World Series again in his lifetime.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability Law
- Toxic Torts
- Pharmaceutical Liability
- Health & Health Care Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1978
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1978
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1978
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. - 1978
- Law Review: Ohio Northern University Law Review, Co-Editor/Writer, 1976 - 1978
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1975
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: English
- Cyclopedia of Trial Practice: Proof of Traumatic Injuries, Model Direct Trial Examination of Sleep Medicine Expert, West Group, Vol. 1, 1999
- Handling Accident Cases, Model Trial Examination of Defendant's Supervisory Employee as On Cross-Examination, West Group, Vol. I and II, 1998
- Handling Motor Vehicle Cases, Cumulative Supplement, Model Direct Trial Examination of Sleep Medicine Expert, Clark, Boardman, 1996
- Lecturer to surgeons and hospital staff about "Avoiding Malpractice", St. Agnes Medical Center
- Lecturer to other trial lawyers about $4.2 million recovery in "Keller vs. Moyer Packing", a serious truck accident case involving complicated legal issues.
- Lecturer to dentists and dental professionals about oral cancer and dental malpractice at University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Michigan and the Temple University School of Dentistry in Philadelphia
Honors and Awards
- Certified Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Appointed Special Judge Pro Tempore, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Appointed Settlement Master, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Arbitration Chairman, Bucks County Court of Common Pleas
- Eagle Scout Award recipient
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Bucks County Bar Association, Member
- Phi Kappa Sigma